Devi Kavach – Sahaja Yoga
Prayers, Praises & Protocol to H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Shri Dhanvanteri full healing Power Adi Shakti Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu, Guru Devo Maheshwarah
Guru Sakshat Parabrahma, Shri Mataji Nirmala Ma.
Tasmai Shri Guruveh Namaha.
Our Guru is the Great Mother. All Her Shakti and Yogini aspects are available for Her children. By reading The Kavach of The Devi, we mobilise these powers to purify and enlighten our Koshas (our mental, emotional and physical bodies). Thus by the Power of the Gurumata The Atma becomes The Guru of the body. While reading the Kavach of The Devi one should put one’s attention on the aspect or the part of the body which is Protected. One may also, while reading, pause between the Names and silently take the corresponding mantra, for example:
Om Twameva Sakshat, Shri Chandi Namoh Namah
The Kavach should be read aloud. It washes away the ‘catches’ and bathes the children in Divine Vibrations. May the Wisdom and Compassion of our Satguru flow through us and reach the four quarters of the earth.
JAI SHRI MATAJI!
In the Name of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi,
The Merciful, the Compassionate.
The Protection of Shri Chandi.
Salutation to Shri Ganesha. Salutation to Shri Saraswati.
Salutation to Shri Guru. Salutation to the Deity worshipped in the family,
Who is Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi.
May there be no obstacles.
Amen. Salutations to Narayan. Amen. Salutations to Naranaratam, Who is, Shri Vishnu. Amen. Salutations to the Goddess Saraswati. Salutations to Ved-Vyasa, Who is, Sage Vyasa, the All-knowing.
Now begins the “Kavach” of the Devi
The Presiding Sage for Shri Chandi-Kavach is Brahma, the metre is Anushtup. The Presiding Deity is Chamunda; The Main Seed is “Anganyasakta Matar”. The Principle is Digbandha Devata. It is recited as part of Sapta-Shati, to please Jagadamba. Amen. Obeisance to Chandika.
Thus spoke Markandeya:
1) Amen. O Brahmadeva, please tell me that which is very secret and has not been told by anyone to anybody else and which Protects all human beings in this world.
2) Brahmin, there is Devi Kavach which is most secret and useful to all beings. Please listen to that, O Great Sage.
3-5) The following nine Names have been told by the Great Soul Brahmadeva Himself. Durga is known by these Names:
1st SHAILAPUTRI Daughter of the King of Himalayas
2nd BRAHMACHARINI One Who observes the state of celibacy
3rd CHANDRAGANTA One Who bears the moon around Her neck
4th KOOSHMANDA Whose Void contains the Universe
5th SKANDAMATA Who gave birth to Karttikeya
6th KATYAYANI Who incarnated to help the Devas
7th KALARATRI Who is even the Destroyer of Kali
8th MAHAGAURI One Who made great penance
9th SIDDHIDATRI One Who grants Moksha
6-7) Those who are frightened, having been surrounded by the enemies on the battlefield, or are burning in fire, or being at an impassable place, would face no calamity, and would never have grief, sorrow, fear, or evil if they surrender to Durga.
8 ) Those who remember You with great devotion indeed have prosperity. Undoubtedly, O Goddess of the Gods, You Protect those who remember You.
9) The Goddess Chamunda sits on a corpse, Varahi rides on a buffalo, Aindri is mounted on an elephant and Vaishnavi on a condor.
10) Maheswari is riding on a bull, the vehicle of Kaumari is the peacock, Lakshmi, the Beloved of Shri Vishnu, is seated in a lotus and is also holding a lotus in Her Hand.
11) The Goddess Ishwari, of white complexion, is riding on a bull and Brahmi, Who is bedecked with all ornaments is seated on a swan.
12) All the mothers are endowed with Yoga and are adorned with different ornaments and jewels.
13) All the Goddesses are seen mounted in chariots and very Angry. They are wielding conch, discus, mace, plough, club, javelin, axe, noose, barbed dart, trident, bow and arrows. These Goddesses are wielding Their weapons for Destroying the bodies of demons, for the Protection of Their devotees and for the benefit of the Gods.
16) Salutations to You, O Goddess, of very dreadful appearance, of frightening valour, of tremendous strength and energy, the Destroyer of the worst fears.
17) O Devi, it is difficult to have even a glance at You. You increase the fears of Your enemies, please come to my rescue. May Goddess Aindri Protect me from the east. Agni Devata (Goddess of Fire) from the south-east, Varahi (Shakti of Vishnu in the form of the boar) from the south, Khadgadharini (Wielder of the sword) from the south-west, Varuni (The Shakti of Varuna, the rain God) from the west and Mrgavahini, (Whose vehicle is the deer) may Protect me from the north-west.
19) The Goddess Kaumari (The Shakti of Kumar, Who is Karttikeya) Protect me from the north and Goddess Shooladharini from the north-east, Brahmani, (The Shakti of Brahma) from above and Vaishnavi (Shakti of Vishnu) from below, Protect me.
20-21) Thus Goddess Chamunda, Who sits on a corps, Protects me from all the ten directions. May Goddess Jaya Protect me from the front and Vijaya from the rear; Ajita from the left and Aparajita from the right. Goddess Dyotini may Protect the top-knot and Uma may sit on my head and Protect it.
22-23) May I be Protected by Maladhari on the forehead, Yashswini on the eye-brows, Trinetra between the eye-brows, Yamaghanta on the nose, Shankini on both the eyes, Dwaravasini on the ears, may Kalika Protect my cheeks and Shankari the roots of the ears.
24-27) May I be Protected by Sugandha-nose, Charchika-lip, Amrtakala-lower lip, Saraswati-tongue, Kaumari-teeth, Chandika-throat, Chitra-ghanta-soundbox, Mahamaya-crown of the head, Kamakshi-chin, Sarvamangala-speech, Bhadrakali-neck, Dhanurdhari-back. May Neelagreeva Protect the outer part of my throat and Nalakoobari-windpipe, may Khadgini Protect my shoulders and Vajra-dharini Protect my arms.
28-30) May Devi Dandini Protect both my hands, Ambika-fingers, Shooleshwari my nails and may Kuleshwari Protect my belly. May I be Protected, by Mahadevi-breast, Shuladharini-abdomen, Lalita Devi-heart, Kamini-navel, Guhyeshwari-hidden parts, Pootana Kamika-reproductive organs, Mahishavasini-rectum.
31) May Goddess Bhagavati Protect my waist, Vindhyavasini-knees and the wish-fulfilling Mahabala may Protect my hips.
32) May Narashini Protect my ankles. May Taijasi Protect my feet, may Shri Protect my toes. May Talavasini Protect the soles of my feet.
33) May Danshtrakarali Protect my nails, Urdhvakeshini-hair, Kauberi-pores, Vagishwari-skin.
34) May Goddess Parvati Protect blood, marrow of the bones, fat and bone; Goddess Kalaratri-intestines. Mukuteshwari-bile and liver.
35) May Padmavati Protect the Chakras, Choodamani-phlegm (or lungs), Jwalamukhi lustre of the nails and Abhedya-all the joints.
36) Brahmani-semen, Chhatreshwari the shadow of my body, Dharmadharini-ego, superego and intellect (buddhi).
37) Vajrahasta-pran, apan, vyan, udan, saman (five vital breaths), Kalyanashobhana-pranas (life force).
38) May Yogini Protect the sense organs, that is, the faculties of tasting, seeing, smelling, hearing and touching. May Narayni Protect satwa, raja and tamo gunas.
39) Varahi-the life, Vaishnavi-dharma, Lakshmi-success and fame, Chakrini-wealth and knowledge.
40) Indrani-relatives, Chandika-cattle, Mahalakshmi-children and Bhairavi-spouse.
41) Supatha may Protect my journey and Kshemakari my way. Mahalakshmi may Protect me in the king’s court and Vijaya everywhere.
42) O Goddess Jayanti, any place that has not been mentioned in the Kavach and has thus remained unprotected, may be Protected by You.
43-44) One should invariably cover oneself with this Kavacha (by reading) wherever one goes and should not walk even a step without it if one desires auspiciousness. Then one is successful everywhere and all one’s desires are fulfilled and that person enjoys great prosperity on the earth.
45) The person who covers himself with Kavacha becomes fearless, is never defeated in the battle and becomes worthy of being worshipped in the three worlds.
46-47) One who reads with faith every day thrice (morning, afternoon and evening), the ‘Kavacha’ of the Devi, which is inaccessible even to the Gods, receives the Divine arts, is undefeated in the three worlds, lives for a hundred years and is free from accidental death.
48) All disease, like boils, scars, etc. are finished. Moveable (scorpions and snakes) and immoveable (other) poisons cannot affect him.
49-52) All those, who cast magical spells by mantras or yantras, on others for evil purposes, all bhoots, goblins, malevolent beings moving on the earth and in the sky, all those who mesmerise others, all female goblins, all yakshas and gandharvas are destroyed just by the sight of the person having Kavach in his heart.
53) That person receives more and more respect and prowess. On the earth he rises in prosperity and fame by reading the Kavacha and Saptashati.
54-56) His progeny would live as long as the earth in rich with mountains and forests. By the Grace of Mahamaya, he would attain the highest place, that is inaccessible even to the Gods and is eternally blissful in the company of Lord Shiva.
Om Twameva Sakshat, Shri Ganesha Sakshat, Shri Adi Shakti Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, Namoh Namaha
JAI SHRI MATAJI!!!
Devi Kavach – Sahaja Yoga
Prayers, Praises & Protocol to H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi